For those who are new to listing a home on the local marketplace, there are many questions. Here, we examine one of the most common – as well as offering answers you can live with.
How Long Will It Take to Sell My House?
This is a question many people who are looking to sell a house for the first time ask. Unfortunately, there is no standard or correct answer. The length of time it takes to sell a house can vary dramatically, and this variance depends on a wide range of factors. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Current local market temperature
The average time home will sit on the market in the United States is 30-60 days.
How Can I Sell My House More Quickly?
Because there is no telling exactly how long it will take to sell your house, it also makes sense that there are few tried and true ways to speed up the process. All you can do is try to make your home more appealing on the local market – or find an alternative method of sale.
To make your home more marketable, consider the following:
- Dress it up for photographs and market it properly with appealing wording in your listing.
- Focus on the positives and accent your home’s best attributes for potential buyers.
- Invest in renovations or restorations for areas of your home in need of repairs. You may have to foot the bill, but you’re much more likely to sell a home that is in better condition.
- List your home just below the recommended price or be willing to negotiate. Buyers love feeling like they got a great deal.
If you would rather guarantee a quick sale and aren’t as worried about getting the full market value plus profit for your home, consider an alternative route. Consider selling your property directly to a Maryland cash buyer or real estate investor. You’ll get through the sales process much faster and enjoy walking away from closing with cash in hand!