Whether you’re a first-timer or you’ve done it all before, buying or selling a home can be complicated. But, while most people find it an advantage to use a realtor, nearly one-third say it’s hard to find one. Read on for tips on how to choose an Alpharetta realtor that’s the best fit for you.
1. Talk to an agent in person at an open house: Pop into an open house and observe how the realtor engages with potential buyers. Take the time to interact with the realtor— don’t just grab a business card and leave. Keep an eye out for professional chemistry and personality. Five percent of home sellers find their realtor at an open house.
2. Compare realtors on the web. Do a quick search online for the realtors you’ve already identified. Online reviews of real estate agents are the next best thing to personal referrals. Read what people in your local area are saying about a recommended realtor.
3. Get referrals: There’s nothing better than personal referrals from family members or friends you trust. According to research, more than one in five sellers find their agent because of a referral from a relative, friend, or colleague.
4. Meet with multiple agents: When hiring a realtor, don’t settle on the first one you meet. By talking with multiple realtors, you’ll be able to compare to find a professional who is a good fit. Handle it like a job interview —because it is! Ask each of the three realtors the same questions and compare their responses.
5. Request references: Ask realtors to provide information on properties they’ve sold in the past year, with contact information for at least a few of their clients. Contact their clients to find out their experience and what type of support the realtors provided throughout the entire process.
If you’re looking for a reliable Alpharetta Realtor, contact Ryan Lewis and Associates right now to schedule an appointment. Our realtors are here for you. Each year, our realtors help hundreds of thousands of families buy or sell a home!